Friday 12 August 2011

Pet Peeve #2

Amateur Photographers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means any good myself. Just let me explain.

Amateur photographers who don't know what a good photo is. Someone who doesn't understand the first thing about taking photos. What pisses me off more than anything right now, is the fact that anyone can pick up a DSLR (great to see them becoming more affordable though) and then slap on a watermark "[Name] Photography" and start charging everyone $200 for a set of photos printed onto DVD. It's just so frustrating because I feel like I would never be consistent enough to shoot for money, plus, I don't want to take someone's money simply because I have an expensive camera and some gear to go with it. If anything, by blogging and keeping things free - I ensure that I stay true to what I love, cars and photography.

That is my rage for the night. I hope everyone is well. Here's my pledge - If I start charging, it'll be far, far cheaper and better than any of the "I picked up a DSLR yesterday and today I'ma pro" people.

No comments:

Post a Comment